04 November 2012

A Feeling From My FYP's Presentation

Edit Posted by Miss Wanie with No comments



Yes! I'm expressing my frustration at my Facebook's wall...

Seriously, I'm so disappointed with one of my evaluator during my FYP's presentation. 

I'm not saying that my project is one of the BOOMs project, it still has its own limitation and if not, there will be no words of "Future Enhancement" right?

I'm speechless.

Why?

I can't believe what I hears from her. She asks me something about how to change someone's human behaviour. She may not asking me directly, but I'm not that lurus bendul for not understanding what behind from her words. 

I'm speechless.

Why?

I can't believe someone who I always thought having a high educational level would ask me questions that  makes no sense to be answered! 

She bashes me (I guess from A-Z) like this project is too rubbish! If so, my own course of evaluator would reject my project from the beginning! And I'm pretty sure, they know much better because this is a SECURITY project, and she should looks at my objectives, scopes and the SECURITY ISSUES! 

Should I tell this : In IT Audit (Security Audit), we as a security person accommodate people on how to take care of their profile, giving awareness to them such as don't write the password on a piece of paper and so on. Our responsible ends until here. Whether they wants to follow it or not, thats not our job!

I'm not that bodoh sombong for not accepting any words from the evaluator gave me. I can accept if she commenting my system, telling me how to upgrade my system and so on. But, to change someone's behavior, its not in my scopes, objectives nor responsibility.

I'm just an application developer who works with the programming and coding and viewing my work from security sides. How on earth did you expecting me to do something that relates with human's nature?? Not to mention, to change it??

ITS SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE!!


What makes me even more depressed at that time is, before the evaluator ends it evaluation, she says "bukan saya tak bagi buat projek ni.... tapi....... hurm...... tengoklah apa second evaluator nak kata..."

I feel so hopeless. I kept thinking, is it true that this project is too pointless, like what she just said? Then, my supervisor come to me and asking "kenapa banyak sangat kena komen ni?"

How can I explain?? Even my supervisor says that "unfair lah dia cakap project awak simple, sebab dia tahu kut.." Yes madam, I learned all the programming by myself with the help only from Google! I'm not core into software development like Software Engineering course, I am a Computer System Security student! I should concern on my security issues rather than the application itself (both is important, once again I urge here, I am a Computer System Security's student!)

And after that, its time for my second evaluator to evaluate my project.

Syukur, my second evaluator even much considerate with me. Though she's not truly understanding my project at the beginning, I'm successfully explained it to her until she capable to understand what my project is about. 

Even she says that, she interested in my project and feels like to buy it and says that my project has its own commercialization's value.

++|---------------------------------------------------------------------|++

I should end this post until here.

p/s:
If my project is too rubbish or pointless, why there is still a person, errr.... NO, actually my second evaluator is the THIRD PERSON who says that "feels like to buying it" other than my own sister and an owner of a shop (I'm not really remember whether its a boutique or restaurant - the owner is one of my sister's friend and interested after my sister telling her about my project).


0 comments:

Post a Comment